Thunderbirds are probably going too, but I can’t fill an Aiden book with birds, I need your beautifully crafted (or messily written, like my handwriting) letters, scrap pieces of paper with doodles, pictures of the band, of your Aiden merch… I want your everything. I am putting together a book to be avaliable to anyone who wants it, properly published and everything. It’ll be like a fanbook… for everyone to see! I want as many people to take part in this as possible, I think we all need something nice after recent times and you’ll beable to read other people’s experiences and thoughts about Aiden aswell as sharing your own.
I’m looking for handwritten pieces where possible (I will send you my address, stalkers/lurkers in the bushes will be shot. Unless you’re Johnny Depp… then you’re welcome) but emailed pieces are also awesome. If you could email whatever needs to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, you’ll be a total star!
Obviously there are so rules. Well, not really rules, just pointing out common sense:
- Swearing is okay, aslong as it’s not every other word. Noone fucking wants to fucking read a shitty letter that’s fucking like this, fuck yeah! do they? No. So, keep it controlled!
- You can talk about whatever you like, Aiden related would be good, but if you want to publish your latest cake recipe, then atleast add an Aiden-y twist to it.
- We’re going for a book full of thoughts, feelings and hardcore, raw emotion, now’s your chance to get heard by other fans and the band.
- Pictures need to be clean, unlike the swearing, some people DO want to see naked Aiden fans, but not in this book, thanks.
- It doesn’t have to be neat, there can be scribbles, doodles, whatevers all over the page.
- If you don’t want your name put to your contribution, simply leave your name out, or for the sake of the competition (read on ;)), include your name but also let me know you want to be anonymous in the final copy.
The book will be availiable online in a few months so pieces need to be sent as quickly as possible. I don’t know how much it will be as of yet, but any profit made will be put toward a present for the band on their next tour, the gift is also yet to be decided but it’s obviously going to be totally amazing.
Not convinced to play your part? Well, there’s a COMPETITION too! For everyone who sends in something, your name will be put into a draw to win some fabulous Aiden prizes that have actually cost me money! Not some cheap crap noone wants, but something cool and I’ll keep adding to it. So, are you going to spread the word and take part, or am I going to have to forge hundreds of letters?
You can also Facebook me: Leigh Truscott or find me on Twitter: twitter.com/leighscavenger
Anything you send in has to be your own work. I do not want any court cases, I don’t have any nice clothes. When you send it in, you automatically give permission for it to be published. If you would like to retract your submission, you must let me know ASAP. Any people planning to sue me for anything, don’t.